In every household, there are a few places that serve as the command center of the home. In some, it may be the mudroom. And for others, the kitchen may serve as the command center of the house. However you run your household, there is no doubt that the laundry room is a great support system to the working family’s day in and day out. And when a portion of the laundry room goes caput, your entire function can come to a screeching halt.
When the washer stops working in the middle of washing the sports uniform for tonight’s game, you have a big problem. If the dryer leaves your clothing sopping wet when you need that pair of jeans, panic sets in. And if the shirt must be ironed before the big meeting, someone is going to look like they just rolled out of bed.
We all have had these things happen. Therefore, let’s get to why they happen and some care tips for your laundry room from Gulf Coast Appliance Repair.
Caring for appliances that we use each day is a part of running a home. When we do not care for these items, they are more likely to break down or just give out. Just like a car needing an oil change or a two-year-old needing a nap, all good things need care and a breakdown now and then.
When the iron is not working right, there are no shower steams or rounds in the dryer that will get that crisp look you need. So, fixing it is imperative if you want to look your best. Here are a few of the issues folks find when the iron just won’t do its job.
What is that loud booming coming from the laundry room? It is a sure sign your washer is off balance. Did you know that each time the washer experiences any issue, it damages the unit? Well, here are a few of the more common washer issues we see each day.
Still, if your washing machine is over ten years old, you may be entering the stage where it is more cost-effective to replace the unit. In that case, your local appliance repair company will let you know your options.
A clothes dryer has many advantages: less ironing, clothes fluffier and softer, and faster drying time. But, if you ignore the clear signs that your appliance needs to be repaired, you may risk a fire or even be electrocuted.
Here are a few more signs that you need dryer repair.
1. Uncommon Loud Noises: This is a possible indicator that your dryer belt is loose. Call an appliance repair expert to avoid any significant damage.
2. Fire: If you see a fire or smell burning from your clothes dryer, turn off your dryer and unplug it. A fire can melt casing or cause some other type of internal damage. Suppose you turn it back on before it’s fixed. In that case, you’ll risk a second, possibly more significant fire to break out or electrocution.
3. The Dryer is Heating but Not Spinning: This usually means that the belt has snapped. Call a repair service to replace your belt.
4. If Clothes Take Forever to Dry: This may just be something as simple as overfilling your dryer, or there can be a deeper issue going on. Perhaps it is your belt, a broken sensor, or an electrical problem.
5. Burning Smell: If you check your lint trap and it is clean, this May mean you have a clogged hose trapping in heat. If you let the dryer continue its cycle, then you risk it catching fire and causing even more damage to the internal parts of your machine.
6. Leaks: When the vent is clogged, the wet air has nowhere to go, and so it causes condensation, which results in a water leak. Sometimes it is a dryer vent pipe that hasn’t been insulated correctly or one that’s been cracked.
8. It Won’t Turn On: Check the obvious things like if it is plugged in or if the door is shut all the way. Some machines have a safety feature that prevents turning on if the door is still a bit open. Otherwise, you may have an electrical issue or a vent problem.
It is best to call for help from your local appliance repair company, like Gulf Coast Appliance Repair in coastal Florida, for all these issues.
When the washtub or utility sink in the laundry room has seen better days, it could also use a good cleaning. Although this is not an appliance we service, it is a big part of the function of the laundry room. You can run hot water down the sink drain and use a baking soda and vinegar solution to clear out clogs. Then you can use a cleaner that will help remove residue in the basin and rinse it clean.
Another component of an optimally functioning laundry room is the ease of access and flow of the room. So many people tend to treat the laundry room as a dumping ground. But that is precisely when your socks go missing, and that favorite shirt gets misplaced. A bit of organization in the laundry room goes a long way towards keeping the home functioning like a well-oiled machine (or appliance). Here is what we suggest.
Laundry room organization goes a long way in the care of your appliances as well. But if you notice any of the issues in the above paragraphs, make no mistake. It is time to call your local appliance repair professionals for help.
Gulf Coast Appliance Repair is the local appliance repair company that you can count on. For 10+ years, our family-owned business has been serving customers in Pinellas County. Contact us to keep your laundry room functioning at its best.