Refrigerators changed the way we live. Instead of going to the grocery store daily, now we can do that errand once a week because of the convenience of refrigeration.
Maintenance to your refrigerator is important to understand and implement.
Tips for Refrigerator Maintenance
1. Temperature – Set your temperature and keep it at the right range between 37 and 40 degrees Fahrenheit and the freezer should be kept at 0 degrees.
2. Clean coils – Condenser coils are typically covered with dust which can prevent the refrigerator from running efficiently. Twice a year, pull the machine from the wall to clean the coils in the back. Make sure it is unplugged and vacuum it clean with a brush attachment.
3. Door seals – Make sure the door seals are free of food residue so they can create a tight seal. A loose seal wastes energy and makes the fridge work harder. Put a dollar bill in the door so that half is in and half is out. Does it slip out? Then, a call to a reputable appliance repair company is in order.
4. Power – In Florida, the storms cause power outages. If you lose power temporarily, keep the doors closed. The food in the refrigerator can remain safe for four hours. A freezer can hold its temperature for 24 hours if half-full and 45 hours if full.
5. Full – To maintain low temperatures, refrigerators need “thermal mass” or it is best to keep it full. So, it is best to keep your refrigerator full.
Repair or Service
If your appliance is not working at peak performance, a repair might be required or at least a service check. Make sure to call an experienced quality appliance and repair specialist who will restore it to top condition.
Gulf Coast Appliance Repair is the local appliance repair company that you can count on. For 10+ years, our family owned business has been serving customers in Pinellas County. We specialize in repairing appliances including refrigerators, washing machines, dryers, stoves, dishwashers and much more. Call our appliance and repair service at 727-510-3524 email us to get the job done or to schedule your appointment.